Twilight MU Online Forum

Twilight MU Online Forum (http://forum.twilightmu.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forum.twilightmu.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   approving/denying suggestions (http://forum.twilightmu.com/showthread.php?t=35121)

Ghost 04-03-2010 06:21 AM

approving/denying suggestions

ive been going through this section and noticed that every time someone puts a suggestion up, it gets a few replies from other players, good or bad, and eventually one of the staff members comes and says "not gonna happen" and closes the thread.

thats good and all, and u know me im all for shutting stupid ppl mouth's, but i do believe it should be more organized.

i have come up with 2 possible options to organize the suggestions section:

1. set up a usergroup.

this would be a group made of a few players (how many and who will they be would be determined by the staff team).
every period of time, depending on the amount of suggestions, the usergroup will hold a meeting and discuss all of the suggestions / top ten suggestions or any other method that would look alright for the staff team.
one member of the staff team will be present during this meeting, not for intervention purposes but for logging purposes, and to hand over the conclusions of the meeting to Phoenix.
from there on it could be either Phoenix's and Franks's decision , or by a poll in the staff team.
the usergroup will be selected by the staff, but they will get nothing in return (obviously why...) and they have to be professional in mu knowledge (again obviously why).

2. suggestions master.

this would be a staff member that will be in-charge of this section all by himself.
this means that he would look at the suggestions, and decide whether to deny the suggestion or to pass it on to the Phoenix's and Franks's /staff team.
naturally this staff member would have to be one with a lot of mu knowledge.
this person would have a list (preferably a thread open for view, closed for replies) as a sticky at the top of this section where he would have a summary of all the suggestions, who suggested them, what happened with them (denied/approved) and if they were approved, at what stage are they (awaiting staff approval, awaiting implementation, implemented etc.)
for the old school players maybe u remember this actually happened in alchemy (i think it was there...possible it was here too) where Ozio was this person.

this is my suggestion...
i dont really care what other players think about it or have to say about it but feel free to post...

this is mainly a suggestion for the staff team...

anas17 04-03-2010 06:27 AM

hey that's a good idea :) . would be good to have the suggestions comoe alive .

But y need a usergroup ? can't the staff pick ideas themselves ( or u mean to additive ur point u made in ur post about not gonna happen .... )

I still agree and find it as a good point though

Ghost 04-03-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anas17 (Post 223367)
But y need a usergroup ? can't the staff pick ideas themselves

first of all the staff team has enough on their mind and lets not forget that even though most of them dont play on a regular basis, that doesnt mean they shouldnt have the option to do so...

second, a usergroup is made of active users with a lot of knowledge in the mu world...
that means they would know whats good or bad for players, what would help the economy or what can damage it...

third, the usergroup can be used by the staff team to make something like closed polls...
lets say the group would have 15 members (has to be an un-even number), the staff can let them vote on an issue, any issue doesnt have to be a suggestion, and that vote would be the final decision...

there are many uses for a usergroup...its a very good tool for the staff team and it works for the best interest of the server....as long as its kept with active mature users...
dont forget they dont get anything in return...they just help...and they're not even a "staff member"...

Judobreaker 04-03-2010 11:04 AM

Hmm...
There's some pretty good ideas. ^^
I think we could even combine these.
Make an event team from players and have one staff member be head of that team.

I think putting suggestions in a big list is something we should really do because a lot of things get suggested more then once.
I think I'd find it quite fun to do actually, the suggestions board is one of my favorites and I'm pretty active on the forums. :P

Anyways, lets hear some more opinions (especially staff ones).

Ghost 04-03-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 223366)
naturally this staff member would have to be one with a lot of mu knowledge.

Judo u fail at this requirement...bigtime... :signOWNED:

Dzidzi 04-03-2010 03:45 PM

i like both ideas also. it would be nice to get explain from staffs not only "not gonna happen".

Judobreaker 04-03-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 223406)
Judo u fail at this requirement...bigtime... :signOWNED:

Hey, I'm on the forums a lot and I know everything up to .97! xD
The rest of Mu sucks anyways. :P

FireStorm 04-03-2010 05:43 PM

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!
Jking there don't get all bent out of shape moshe. You have good ideas, also you for got to add me with shag as having last say. Thanks for forgetting me bitch.:signLOL:

kamilekpl 04-03-2010 05:50 PM

Im with you with this one Ghost:D

Ghost 04-03-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireStorm (Post 223429)
NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!
Jking there don't get all bent out of shape moshe. You have good ideas, also you for got to add me with shag as having last say. Thanks for forgetting me bitch.:signLOL:

frank man thats a given fact...
u know how i am...no matter what anyone says, the owner has the last say...
just coz u said it, it shows me how insecure u r of your manhood on twilight...BIATCH!!! lol....