PDA

View Full Version : posting spam

OrganGrind
01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
hi all

i try to do the right thing with regard to posting ads

i identify whether i am look to buy or trying to sell

i identify the item in question

from what i understand, the /post system is for is to advertise an interest in buying or selling, but any negotiations or queries are to be done through an alternative system (friends list, chat or mail)

but what often happens is that people respond to my ads with a /post. now what do i do? do a also improperly use the /post system by replying to their /post with a /post. i think it would be agreed that this is not what the /post system was ment for.

sometimes i ammend my ads telling these spammers to mail me (by postfixing something like "mail offer" or similar), and usually they do not (i guess they are too cheap for 1k per mail - if this is so, how could they afford any advertised item?)

other than what i have already mentioned, i just ignore the spam responses to my ads. it is very frustrating having to miss a potential sale because the other party refuses to use the system as intended!!!

now that you know where i am coming from:

have i somehow misinterpreted the usage of the /post system?

if responding to a /post with a /post is ok, how is that different from general chat over /post which is not ok? (don't say it is an issue of context because the end result would be a blow out of the number of non advertising posts which are difficult to follow as a context thread and get in the way of all non interested readers)

are the monitors prepared to interpret a /post response to an ad as spam and respond with warnings and bans? (afterall, if a respondant wants some clarification on a posted ad, they have the character name and can mail their quiery. the same also goes for those that want to negotiate a price)

Mephisto
01-11-2006, 08:55 PM
The purpose of /post is for trading purposes ONLY !! If someone responds to a post with a post like How much ? Or I have one for 20b ? Ok I will take it . Meet me in devias. Those are ok. But ones like Looking for PB or sup everyone , anyone seen Joe ? etc.... are not good and are spam. If it has nothing to do with trading then it should not be posted . Hope that is simple enough to understand because I can't really make it any more simple.

Phoenix
02-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Within the next week I'll update the server and ads will cost zen so the spaming will stop.

MaryJane
02-11-2006, 04:35 AM
I hope that not too much becouse buying rate items, for example, here is very hard. To buy one party i must post ADS many times and very long.

Phoenix
02-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Go and vote for how much would you like for it to cost:
http://twimu.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1719