PDA

View Full Version : Google Browser - Chrome

Phoenix
21-09-2008, 04:42 PM
http://www.google.com/chrome

It's still in BETA state... but then again they keep allot of projects in BETA even if they've perfected them long time (eg: gmail)...

I'm installing it now and gonna see what all the fuss is about, because considering that Google obviously has superior technology in coding over many other internet companies, it wouldn't be surprising if their browser will be a big hit ;)

Features link:
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html#

However... This browser good or bad, it'll take and retain allot of your info and send it to Google.

Quote from their EULA (http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html): (http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html%29:)
11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

Beyond
21-09-2008, 04:49 PM
i didnt try it yet is that good?

Phoenix
21-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I've installed it and it looks nice and feels a bit different from Firefox, and it has some nice features... our forum "thinks" I'm using Safari browser while on Chrome Browser hehe...

I would recommend everyone to try it, it's not like it has spy-ware or anything, it's just things you see/visit/post are being shared (with Google only) for them to know what u are interested in and what would you like to see... I'll be using it for a while, till I find something I don't like at it xD

Phoenix
21-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Some nice features I found in like 5 minutes and I love, will add more to the list as I find them:

- better spell check than Firefox
- a bit faster page loading (could be just my imagination tho :P )
- in the URL field you can type few words if you don't know the exact link (for instance if you wouldn't know exact link for twilight mu, you could just type in twilight mu online and it would show you our website link)
- bigger content window (the content page has more space to be displayed in, due to their tabs being included in the top bar, saves up allot of space where you can see web content in)
- Can import settings and saved passwords from any browser (love this)

Feva
21-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Some nice features I found in like 5 minutes and I love, will add more to the list as I find them:

- better spell check than Firefox
- a bit faster page loading (could be just my imagination tho :P )
- in the URL field you can type few words if you don't know the exact link (for instance if you wouldn't know exact link for twilight mu, you could just type in twilight mu online and it would show you our website link)
- bigger content window (the content page has more space to be displayed in, due to their tabs being included in the top bar, saves up allot of space where you can see web content in)
- Can import settings and saved passwords from any browser (love this)

FireFox has the same deal..
better spels checker.. how? :confused1:

In FireFox, I just type twi, then i can click forum link ^^... example

It might look better... will think about checking it out ;)

Phoenix
21-09-2008, 05:34 PM
In FireFox, I just type twi, then i can click forum link ^^... example

Thats just cos you've visited the page before... but Chrome has the search engine included in the URL tab, so if you haven't visited that page before and you dunno the exact URL, you can type in words and it'll suggest you possible links ;)

Beyond
21-09-2008, 05:43 PM
well :P then when u start to use straight it lemme know ^^
then i will use too..btw i using opera its so cool. i can do whatever i want, also firefox installed for watch video , cos i cant watch with opera :P stumble in youtube ^^
but b4 ur start i will check it^^

chaosx8
21-09-2008, 05:46 PM
i've tried Chroma since it was out... and its true, looks good and its faster like Firefox, but something i dont like, i can cuztomise it like i do with firefox... Chrome doesnt have too many Plug Ins like does Firefox, and when i first tried, Chrome gots stuck in the twilight main site... while Firefox never gots stuck... so i give it an 8 while Firefox has a 9.5 xD

Phoenix
23-09-2008, 10:47 AM
And I'm back to my FireFox 3 now ;)

Chrome is good but still has things needed to be fixed, like the very basic AJAX dropdown menu on some forums and few other basic stuff...

And yea I'm missing all my FireFox addons on Chrome... which sux...

HalfDead
23-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Tried it myself last days, yeah it loads the pages very quick but lacks on plugins and addons, I always use CoolIris, FireFTP, FlashGot, Flagfox on Mozilla, so back to FF3 =)

Azterial
23-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Correction to Phoenix's statement about the EULA, the quote you used was from the original EULA provided during the initial release, it has now been revised to simply state:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

I've been using Chrome for a bit now and I must say this browser has some great potential just like anything Google related. The PDF file load times are amazing compared to that of Firefox.

People are saying that there isn't enough plugins?
Do you realize how long this browser has been out? It's still in beta stage people! Google has yet to fully release this little baby and allow full customization to its users!

Wael90
23-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey i tried that one too i can say it looks nice and all but i can't stay away from my FF3 :)
Thanks for all the info Andrei and the rest.

shalimar
30-11-2009, 11:26 PM
yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed
http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier

anas17
01-12-2009, 12:22 AM
It's good i personally use it. it loads forum fast compared to IE

Shock3X
01-12-2009, 01:16 AM
well i have used chrome already for a while and here's some good points:
-simplicity
-speed
-themes (!!)

tho when you close all your tabs, it'll close the browser, in Opera it opens the main screen again (or the tab-thingy you can go to most used websites)

PotHed
01-12-2009, 04:25 AM
ive been using it but it seems some moving smileys dont work with it for me >,<

Judobreaker
01-12-2009, 06:03 AM
They work, but they seem to be slower as if the frame rate is lower...