PDA

View Full Version : ID10T Error

Feva
04-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Id10t means User Error. :boxing_smiley:

Example: a user mistaking their CD-ROM tray for a cupholder, or a user looking for the "any key".
However, any variety of stupidity or ignorance induced problems can be described as ID10T errors.

Customer Call: "My screen is broken, Its cut off the edges ZOMG!!"
5 minutes go by..
ME: "So, I will just confirm, you would like to resize your internet browser window?"

:signLOL::biggrinjester: :signLOL:

Please share your stories, tech stories mostly regarding ignorance can be hilarious :D

suarez88
04-11-2009, 07:34 AM
lol that one was a good one ^^

this happend to a friend of mine, that works with his dad, who runs a computer bussines buying and selling all kind of stuff regarding computers and also accounting programs...

my friend its usually the one that takes care of any malfunction on the things they sell...

he gets a call from some client, that is complaining cause his printer its not working no matter what he does

thing is my friends goes to this dudes office, starts checking the printer, and realizes of something, wich ofc, he asks the guy about it:

-By any chance, did u saw that the printer MUST BE PLUGGED IN TO GET ELECTRICITY OR IT WONT WORK, RIGHT?

:signLOL: how the heck could u not check it has a freaking plug? xD

Feva
04-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Known call that I believe is now legend:

"Hi, my pc wont turn on, its broken, when i press power button nothing happens.."
"is it currently connected to power?"
"yes"
"can you try a different power port?"
"I don't know, its hard to see back there without lights, because I have a blackout"
"packup your computer, and take it back to the store, and never use a pc again"

Unfortunately this tech support agent was fired, possibly due to a complaint ;)

suarez88
04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Known call that I believe is now legend:

"Hi, my pc wont turn on, its broken, when i press power button nothing happens.."
"is it currently connected to power?"
"yes"
"can you try a different power port?"
"I don't know, its hard to see back there without lights, because I have a blackout"
"packup your computer, and take it back to the store, and never use a pc again"

Unfortunately this tech support agent was fired, possibly due to a complaint ;)

:rofl:mfao xD xD xD xD xD xD... incredible!!! hahahaahaha poor dude, that fire wasnt fair, he shouldnt be fired for saying the right things in the right time xD

killller54
04-11-2009, 02:25 PM
lol omg nice one........ man i think some may have happened to me, but dun't remembers