PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 = no sound >< ??

AOC5577
06-01-2010, 12:37 PM
hello everyone :)

recently i just installed a new os: win 7 home premium 32 bit (:D), hmm, everything was fine and i was happy xD...until when i was trying to listen to my music. I realized that there was no sound at all !!

hmm, i've checked all the drivers ( win 7 automatically updated the drivers for the users), and all my drivers are up to date.

the only problem i can think of now is....when i go to the control panel and click the "sound" thing, it shows i need plug in my speakers to "rear panel optical jack", which is a black one ><

now...im using a desktop but....my motherboard doesnt have a black optical jack >< ?? i thought usually it should be in the "green jack" for speakers >< ?

thanks for the help ^^
andy

anas17
07-01-2010, 05:52 AM
try removing the speakers and replugging them.
if that doesn't work . see the bottom rite speaker icon . try fiddling with it .

Shock3X
07-01-2010, 05:57 AM
if you have headphones, unplug them :P

Sam007
07-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Are u sure your speakers are inserted into the right jack, most jacks are green for speakers
or if that is not the problem, maybe there's some malfuctioning in your jack and your comp isnt able to detect,
also the jack on your speakers can be the prob.

What u can try is if there are 2 jacks available for speakers insert the cable on the second one, or try changing the cable maybe change your hardware, it may not be compatible with windows 7

AOC5577
07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
hmm, yeah usually jack for the speakers should be green ><, but the problem is.....my computer is telling me to insert my speaker into the "back jack" >< ??

my comp doesnt have black jack ..haha.......haha...=.=

thx for the help :D

thebreth
07-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Ussuly all speackers have a lil buttom ...with if u push it a green light apear ....have u push that lil button ^^ ?

Only this problem remains as i see ...... :)

HalfDead
07-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Find the CD that came with your PC's motherboard. There should be Audio Drivers on it. Install em and be happy :D Not all audio card drivers(for on-board one or not) are in the Win7 when u 'freshly' install it.

AOC5577
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
hm,yeah i've tried that before ><

but the problem is....my motherboard's CD isnt compatible with windows 7 ><

thx for the help :D

AOC5577
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Find the CD that came with your PC's motherboard. There should be Audio Drivers on it. Install em and be happy :D Not all audio card drivers(for on-board one or not) are in the Win7 when u 'freshly' install it.

hmmm, srry vlad m8, i dont quite understand you on the last part ><, so hmm, you mean my audio drivers arent installed yet >< ??

but when i go to the device manager, there is no "!" mark ><

HalfDead
07-01-2010, 01:08 PM
hm then go to the audio properties and try select other default audio device O.o Maybe you got bluetooth drivers or smth other that is set for default and u get no sound.. I had this problem with my BT Dongle when i installed Win7^^ It had virtual audio device that worked like handsfree lol

AOC5577
07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
hmm, my default audio device is something something "ATI High Definition" something ><

cant remember, im in school ><

my other audio property is HDMI thing ><

HalfDead
07-01-2010, 01:52 PM
OK mate i remember now lol heres my list

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8404/fshhhhhh.jpg

The correct one is the ''Realtec HD Audio output''. if i select the ati hd rear output guess^^ i got no sound. Same thing with the 2 bluetooth drivers. So maybe this is the key to solving ur issue bro.

AOC5577
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3093/86437265.png

yep, here is desktop image xD

and...as you can see, i have two audio properties: ATI HDMI output and Digital Audio(S/PDIF).

im currently using the Digital Audio property but unfortunately it is not wokring ><.

and....you guys might notice the "rear panel optical jack" on the hand side, hmm, i think thats the main problem now >< , cuz...i thought all the speakers go into the "green jack" >< ??

thanks for the help guys :D

andy

Sam007
09-01-2010, 01:48 AM
How many jacks do u have for speakers to connect on your CPU?

AOC5577
09-01-2010, 02:19 AM
hmm, i think i only have 3 jacks ><

green, pink and light blue ><

Sam007
09-01-2010, 02:40 AM
are those jacks made for your speakers?

Try removing your speaker connector then put it in in other jacks. as far as i see your ss, there is no problem coz the computer doesnt say that your device needs trouble shooting

Ghost
09-01-2010, 08:58 AM
i had the same problem with sound on my Windows 7.
all i did was download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website...

in my case it was Realtek HD Audio...went to www.realtek.com, downloaded the driver and all was well...

do the same with your soundcard...

AOC5577
10-01-2010, 01:20 AM
thx everyone for all the great help :D

problem is now solved.....it was the driver >< , and...my audio card is soundmax (completely forgot about that ><), installed the latest driver for win 7 and my audio is working fine now :D

another problem solved....another experience acquired :D :D :D

thx again, andy

HalfDead
10-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Great to hear that your problem is finally solved.

.:CLOSED:.