PDA

View Full Version : reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device an

r33dd
29-04-2010, 02:46 PM
tyyy.....................cn ayone help me...........

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.....................HOW???TY

NoFear
29-04-2010, 03:10 PM
First of all what are you trying to do?

Judobreaker
30-04-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm guessing you're talking about your boot sequence.
If you start up your pc most pc's will show a small message saying what key to press to get in the BIOS.
Once you are in the BIOS there should be an option to change the boot sequence.

Martyr
30-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Or he started refresh windows system or his hard drive died or .....

anas17
30-04-2010, 02:36 AM
It seems u are trying to install a new windows . or em if u are not .

u mistakenly pressed the boot key and ended up over there. press any key to continue it reads bootable disks once u have inserted the disk u may continue . well that's upto u . ^^

r33dd
30-04-2010, 05:41 PM
First of all what are you trying to do?

I normaly turm my pc off when I go to bed and last night I left it on. When I woke up this morning I went to browse the internet and it would hardly respond and wouldnt restart so I held button in to turn off. Now when I turn it on it will not boot up all the way and gives the message cd-rom boot priority..no medium re...boot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key..

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.....................HOW???TY

Specifications Model G51VX-RX05 Display 15.6" (1368x768) CPU Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2.0GHz Memory 4GB DDR2 800MHz (2x2GB) Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M 1GB GDDR3 Storage 320GB 7200RPM Op...tical SuperMulti DVD Operating System Windows Vista

anyone cn help how??????

FireStorm
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Your hard drive died, because the boot sectors are corrupted. you need a new hard drive.

Martyr
02-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Im afraid Frank have right but try refresh windows system from cd room if u newer did that before ask someone for help if that not solve this problem only service can help u or someone who knows how to change hard drive device .

Ghost
13-06-2010, 12:04 AM
u can save your hard drive but u will need someone with the proper tools and utilities in order to do it.

b4 u get a new HD, u should try checking your boot order.
u can see your boot order in the BIOS menu which can be accessed through the setup.
hit the "delete" button as soon as the computer starts, u should have a small quote at the bottom of the screen saying (hit del to enter setup)/

after that go into the BIOS (dont change anything, the BIOS is everything) and check your boot order.

usually its floppy, cd, and then HD.
if no media is in the drive (floppy or cd) or the media isnt bootable, it would go to the HD to look for a boot sequence, and since u have windows installed on the HD, it finds the windows boot and loads windows.

because your HD is apparently corrupted, like frank said, your computer cant access the HD or at least the important part of it where windows is, and it cant load windows.
when it fails to do that, it goes back to searching a boot sequence in the floppy or cd-rom, and again it doesnt find anything so it cloggs up...

thats basically what happens to your comp.

now for the solution.
either get your HD to someone who has the right tools or get a new HD.
i had the same problem on my laptop, so i gave my laptop to a friend of mine, nd he fixed everything.
he even installed Win7 on it for me lol...

if anything is unclear feel free to contact me...

LUCKY007
13-06-2010, 01:15 AM
for many that does not know, alot of hard drives can have a sector failure. And it can be fixed.

Before u even think if u need a new hard drive u should always try a test on the hard drive. Many can use Killdisk.

Download>>> http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

choose Download KillDisk Suite (Free)v.5.2. After u save it run it and u can burn the program to a floppy or a disk. retstart the computer with the killdisk cd inside, and choose the killdisk recovery. choose the bottom option. as it is the name of ur hard drive, you will notice, when u see like 32090MB or more. then press F10 and F10 again, type KILL-ALL-DATA and it will recovery and fix any bad sectors.

Serafi
13-06-2010, 03:44 AM
I once had a situation such that my BIOS had decided it doesn't want to use SATA1 device to boot... instead it had changed the value to SATA3 in the boot device order list. So I had to swich their places. Pretty wierd... I still don't know why it happened. But yeah, this is one possibility too if you have multiple hard drives.

If it's just one hard drive... then I'm also 99% sure it has broken.