PDA

View Full Version : Buying headphones :)

Speedy
07-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Hello bros!
I am in the midst of buying a pair of quality headphones and would like some input from you
Here is some information that might help you understand what I'm looking for

What music do I listen to?
Quite a lot of different genres. It differs between electronic music (dubstep, house..), hiphop, rap and others. But to narrow it down I'd say electronic and hiphop.

What do I find important when it comes to sound?
Well, I really want quality audio. I'm not looking for headphones that focus solely on bass nor treble but sort of a mix between these. I LOVE a deep bass though, to go with my love for dubstep drops etc. But I'm not interested in beats by dre.

With what will I use them?
Mainly two things. With my computer for producing/listening to music and with my iPhone on-The-go. I'm also planning on getting an external soundcard later on! This means that I want headphones that don't weigh too much. Mobility is a plus!

Budget
Around $250

what type of headphones?
I prefer over-ear

Description of what I want.
I want some sort of hybrid headphones between producer and casual (high quality) listening if that makes any sense. I want to be able to make music with clear and precise sound but still enjoy deep "goosebump" bass.

Many headphones I have tried so far have bass with no punch or great bass but a treble that hurts. I don't want this

Lastly I'm quite sensitive when it comes to fit, there's nothing worse than headphones with a too loose fit!

I realise I sound extremely picky but don't hesitate whatever you think might suit me!

Sincerely
Speedy

kamilekpl
07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
steelseries siberia v2, u wont regret.

Wael90
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
There are various good brands out there, Steelseries, like Kam said, Sennheiser (those guys are pretty pro), etc, etc..

Few tips.. Most of those top headphones require some sort of exclusive power supply, most of the times via USB. So, hooking those to your iPhone is not easy at all and probably impossible. If you want my opinion though, why would you buy such an expensive set and carry it out with you? Those things need to be looked after, just connect them to your desktop where your main station is and leave them be. You can buy a really good headset for your computer and a good pair of earbuds/in-ear headphones that look classy as well. Cause let's be serious, over-the-head and phone just doesn't cut it, it's a stupid trend and it looks weird as hell.. Of course that's my opinion, it's your money after all but your budget is quite sufficient for both.

Speedy
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Ah yes, ive had those. However those are gaming headsets and thus has gaming sound quality. I'm looking for professional quality headphones like sennheiser :)

(This reply was for kamil :3)

Abdoman
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Koss over ear buy anything else and your tossing your money into a name brand pit of BS....trust in quality that didnt jack its prices and made top of the line over ear and i mean its a quality the others copied, and sold for 299.00 you be the judge.

Speedy
08-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all your valuable input, keep it coming :) what about Fanny Wang 2000?

Wael90
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all your valuable input, keep it coming :) what about Fanny Wang 2000?

Visit amazon.com - No need to buy anything, just view the product you're interested in and check out the reviews.. Most people leave reviews and ratings after they bought something, that's a good source of information.
YouTube - Check out the unboxing videos, as well as the reviews of various people and tech sites.
This is pretty much all I have to offer, if you're going to buy something, make sure you make a very good and extensive search yourself before or after accepting recommendations. And look for the best price available.

Enlighten
08-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Just don't buy Beats by Dr. Dre (no offence to anyone that has them). They're very expensive for mediocre sound quality.
I normally stick it with Sennheisers but I'm not much of an audiophile so you'd probably find better advice elsewhere.

LUCKY007
09-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Get the new ones that is same quality as Beats Audio... it is M made from Nick Cannon... i got those last month... and it is awesome quality , separates the bass form the treble. perfect sound

and not so expensive. but also remember the cheaper the head phones, the poor the quality and the less it lasts.

kamilekpl
11-12-2012, 06:25 AM
and not so expensive. but also remember the cheaper the head phones, the poor the quality and the less it lasts.

bullshit, more expensive, doesnt mean better, not always anyway...

SirRoughs
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I have the Sennheiser RS180 Wireless, and they are fantastic audio quality.
Steelseries also pack a punch so you cant go wrong.

Speedy
17-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I've narrowed it down a little to these headphones; also copied this from another place I posted so dont hate on me D:

Hello! I have been at it for weeks now. Trying to find what headphone would suit me the best. I have narrowed it down to a few that I am about to list below here along with my most vital preferences. Please, do not hesitate to answer as I am in abit of a rush to buy them before xmas :)

1. Monster Inspiration (Passive Noise Cancel)

2. Sennheiser Momentum

3. AKG K551

4. AKG K490 NC

5. Beyerdynamic T50P

6. Audio Technica ATH M50

I want a headphone with a wide sound spectra. I want to be able to listen to my favourite dubstep/house songs with solid and deep bass. But also music like Rise Against (rock) and Kelly Clarkson etc. I've been leaning towards Monster, but as I'm not a huge fan of the overpriced beats-selection I've been hesitant to press order. Sennheiser Momentum has also been on my mind for a while as it seems to have a wide spectra, however here I'm worried that the bass will be too weak and not at all deep.

These are my main prefs;
Wide Sound
Deep Bass
Good highs, mids and lows.
Rather portable as I'll use them at home, but also on trains etc.

Sincerely,
Sebastian

Abdoman
23-12-2012, 08:01 PM
so what pair did you finally buy man show us