PDA

View Full Version : Strength MG's #2

Raistlin
17-01-2007, 12:36 PM
After 5 pages of babbling my question about the powerslash skill turned into a debate about whether SM is better than MG (who cares =\) play with one you like.

MY QUESTION STILL REMAINS:
Can and Will the powerslash skill be changed back to its original Range so that it works like it is supposed to?

P.s. I dont care whether or not ppl think everyone is too lazy to be strength mg, i dont care about whether or not Energy MG is better than Strength MG. I dont want this post turning out like the last one with totally off topic comments about random stuff.

Zirtox
17-01-2007, 03:57 PM
energy MG still more fun then SM :p

sry Raistlin, I'll stfu now :banghead:

EscaLayer
17-01-2007, 04:29 PM
when the Magic Gladiator "SLIDES" (im referring to when it moves from initial attack point towards the monster), your character coordiantes (lower left of the MU screen) becomes bugged (i think)...

the apparent attack point is falsely giving you an illusion that your character is in that exact place in the map doing powerslash towards enemies, but point of attack is actually different from what it seems, making it not hit correctly

i tried my best to explain it.. im unable to find an easier way to explain than this

sorry for my bad english and confusing terminologies

about your previous thread.. im sorry :icon9:

solution: after SLIDING, click to any vacant spot in the map first before powerslashing

the bug is abusable, the MG is now able to move through walls, or in PVP (SLIDE then FIRESLASH for the kill)

EDIT: forgot to provide solution and some other comments

Raistlin
17-01-2007, 06:27 PM
That sounds like a perfect explination, but hasnt answered the question yet.

EscaLayer
17-01-2007, 06:35 PM
oh oh oh! heh :banghead: tried to answer the question on your previous thread :banghead:

sorry sorry

about this thread question: cannot do anything about it

Raistlin
19-01-2007, 02:46 PM
QUESTION (NEW) How many people play Strength MG at higher levels (resets)? NONE. The reason is that POWERSLASH DOESNT WORK LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO. Because of this the market for strength mg items is almost ZERO (storm crow doesnt count because energy mg's want that too). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE POWERSLASH SKILL SO I CAN QUIT BEING A LAZY ENERGY MG AND SWITCH TO A STRENGTH MG.

PotHed
19-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I will all ways be a str MG
not cos of powerslash, its cos of fireslash (got to love that skill)
and if i wanted to use spells i wood just make a SM

sry if this is off topic but its been buggin me for god nos how long
What Dose FireSlash Poision Do ?

Shrewd
20-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Ok u need a moderate amount of STR to USE fireslash but:
Fireslash = (230+NRG/30)%
So it's an energy based skill so energy MGs do more dam with fireslash...
At least that's what the TwiMu guide says.

Raistlin
20-01-2007, 12:43 PM
TOPIC OF THREAD = NOTHING TO DO WITH FIRESLASH

MODS/GMS/OWNER/SOMEONE WHO CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT... Please please please fix the POWERSLASH skill.

petica
20-01-2007, 02:54 PM
wow pottie u got a insane siggie there :)))))) say thx to my little friend :D j/k its a cool siggie, shraps art owns!

Shrewd
20-01-2007, 03:06 PM
yea lets talk about sigs in this thread :D

Bejike
20-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah, let's stay on topic like he asked us to. It's his thread, we should respect his wishes.

grilzzz
20-01-2007, 03:49 PM
lol this guy will get mad.. soon topic number 3!..

I understand your point, only 1 thing i dont. you say you want to stop being a lazy MG, so as we know strenght is harder to lvl up, but its possible, then why dont go for it.. this will b defenelty not for lazy ppl

Bejike
20-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Lazyness has nothing to do with MU, you're being lazy sitting in a chair casting a spell, just as you are using melee attacks. It's just more time consuming to train a strength MG then an energy.

Phoenix
20-01-2007, 05:14 PM
We can't do anything to powerslash.

Hope that answered your 2 threads question.

PS: I think it's just a client side bug that doesn't show all dmg on all mobs... but even if it's not we can't edit it since we don't have the game source code and even if we did we would need webzen coders to do it.

Shrewd
21-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Made an MG just to test powerslash, looks fine to me. It's more ''difficult'' to lvl up only because taping your right mouse button isn't as effective with powerslash as it is with ES or inferno. All top players are VIPs and VIP = afker in high rate server so if you play in normal servers it doesn't really matter whether you're STR or NRG cause you're not allowed to afk anyway.

at least i think so

Raistlin
22-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Finally, Thank You Phoenix

Well now that I know there is no point to ever being a strength mg (they get pwned PVP and PVM the cant do hardly anything) it makes a lot of decisions about aquiring items a lot easier. Such as hurricane & thunder = useless items =)

EscaLayer
22-01-2007, 05:04 PM
i would love to have those items :rotfl:

grilzzz
22-01-2007, 06:55 PM
i remembered exc thunder was worth ALOT

Raistlin
23-01-2007, 07:38 AM
i had EXC hurricane pants+DD+Rate and was selling them on ads and forum, i ended up getting 15b15s after a week of trying to sell = no market = wothless

Q-P-I
23-01-2007, 10:17 AM
yeah its really bugged, i know this....this is why i dont play wiht MG :(

Khaudus
23-01-2007, 03:20 PM
i had EXC hurricane pants+DD+Rate and was selling them on ads and forum, i ended up getting 15b15s after a week of trying to sell = no market = wothless

The reason why no one want to buy that is because its impossible (atm) to complete that set in exc...

EscaLayer
23-01-2007, 05:04 PM
i would still like to continue playing my strength MG..

nice to have cheap pieces like that.. with high defense.. too high..:bouncy:

sad thing though.. MG = no helm.. :sorry:

grilzzz
24-01-2007, 04:21 AM
well i got exc hurricane gloves+ref+hp for sell :)

peter449
31-01-2007, 01:48 PM
does he mind that we r going off topic again... but yea im startinga str mg and ill stay with it:D

Shrewd
31-01-2007, 07:24 PM
does he mind that we r going off topic again... but yea im startinga str mg and ill stay with it:D

He got his answer now we can just rant about MGs and what not :D

Raistlin
02-02-2007, 12:44 PM
exactly shrewd, ill occasionally switch to strength mg for 1 or 2 resets, but energy is much easier to level and much more versitile (try beating CC with strength mg if you want a challenge)

Capsunel
02-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Raist, i tried a str MG for 6th reset and it was a nice expierence. Although harder to train coz u can't afk as an energy MG, str is way more fun and challenging. As for fireslash in PVP... beats the hell out of 15-16 reseted nrg MG's. I'd say switch between them as i will, for more entertainment.
Caps :wave:

Raistlin
02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Fireslash against any EMG or SM works wonderful (if you can get close enuf) which you normally cannot. Also, "I" can afk with a strength mg, i dont know why you cant =)

Capsunel
02-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Of course u can afk with str mg, but it's not by far as effective as afk-ing with an energy mg. And getting close to a EMG SM or AE isn't very hard since we got pwerslash slide bug :bouncy:

magtataho7
02-02-2007, 07:14 PM
ooo slide bug... VERRY dirty trick:D try it with fireslash+thunder blade+13+28 :D:D:D

anyway is there such a thing as an exc rune blade?

munky
03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
anyway is there such a thing as an exc rune blade?

well, on the original servers exc rune blade drops from Erohim (loren valley invasion boss) or in kalima 6 Shrikers. ^____^

Khaudus
03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
and you can always buy it as a reward heh

PotHed
03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
i for 1 is stayin Str cos i love a challage :D
and Fireslash and Powerslash Slidin lol

Azterial
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
to honestly tell you the truth PotHead, staying STR is not a challenge, it's just a matter of increasing the amount of time required for you to AFK in pits. However, migrating from full str to energy by having to obtain a whole new set/weapon IS a challenge ;)

magtataho7
03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I just noticed the sudden dampening of power when u switch from str to energy, especially when u do not have the proper equipment. Fortunately i have nice ppl loaning me items ^^ I had my 1st 2 RR as a STRMG and :oh: so tedious to train, however STRMGs really pack a punch with simple twisting slash/powerslash routine.. I switched to NRG and the damage was pffft compared to STR, but hell lot more range:P i used inferno as a substitute for TS because ES does wussy dmg when u are still low RR. I guess it boils down to:

STR = Hi damage, time-consuming, PVP-sneaky (:P) (wannabe BK's? hehe)
NRG = Convenience, built for RR, killer in PVP (hi-RR), garbage DEF

Anyone agree?
How bout an MG-BK build? (hi vits, hi str, hi dmg weapons + fireslash, HP+DD sets) :D

EscaLayer
04-02-2007, 09:38 AM
agreed...

EMG do way more damage after plenty of resets due to % increase in damage by staff

almost all people go def rate... until able to get enough reset stats to wear tough armor (issue about the garbage defense)

personally, playing str MGs gives me a sense of satisfaction than playing EMGs... i dunno, i love powerslashing mobs to death :D rather than watching mobs turn around crazy to death with evil spirit

i do have difficulty in PKing using fireslash... maybe its just my slow computer :mad: much more powerSLIDE + fireslash ninjutsu ambush :bouncy:

Azterial
05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I guess in the end it all comes down to your own preferences, honestly, I played EMG since Alchemy and I grew to enjoy the style of play, be it pvp or pvm. Btw, it's no biggie if you have awful defense, cause after all, the best defense is a good offense ;)

and like I said before, in the end it all comes down to your own preferences... such as some people enjoy women while others enjoy watching cartoons go at it, isn't that right EscaLayer? ...pervy hentai watcher.

EscaLayer
05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
and like I said before, in the end it all comes down to your own preferences... such as some people enjoy women while others enjoy watching cartoons go at it, isn't that right EscaLayer? ...pervy hentai watcher.

hehe

it may be 2 things

made your research or you watched it too :bouncy:

Shrewd
05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
hehe

it may be 2 things

made your research or you watched it too :bouncy:

I'd say the second option sounds realistic.