PDA

View Full Version : Lagging.. What do I need to upgrade?

SSDave
30-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey whats sup all. I have a considerably good computer. Not great or anything, but I wanted to know what I might need to upgrade to keep from lagging so much. Here is some general information of my computer.

AMD 64 Sephron +3000 (2.0Ghz)
1.5GB Ram
256 MB Video Card
Cable Internet (400kbs average download rate)

Seems like have have some decent equipment. Im thinking I need a higher Processor. When I am able to run my Task Manager during the game. The CPU performance shows 100%. My ram only shows using 300-400MB. My internet connection seems higher then most. Is it suggested to get a better Processor and if so how much higher might I need to go?

A little more about my lag is. My mouse moves slowly accross the screen. Jumping inbetween movement. When Im around alot of monster or in a party where people are using a skill move my screen lags about 1sec during those high Graphic times. If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks.

Phoenix
30-01-2007, 01:06 PM
That what you describe is not internet speed lag, it's slow game movement, which can be due to your un-updated video drivers. So be sure you update your video drivers.

Shrapn3LL
30-01-2007, 02:24 PM
well, my crappy pc can work pretty good, and belive me , my pc kinda suxx.. but still almost everything works rather good... amd duron 1300 MHz, 256 SDRAM, Gforce2, average internet connection, but still i dun have any problems running the game, and yea, it's prolly cuz of the video card driver

SSDave
30-01-2007, 06:44 PM
thanks Phoenix, Installing the Video Card took care of my problem. I installed my new video card a few days ago and forgot to install the CD driver. I see the game in a much better way. The graphics are very good and smooth. Thanks again.

Azterial
30-01-2007, 09:36 PM
also dave, besides updating your Video Card drivers I would recommend updating your DirectX drivers also.

peter449
31-01-2007, 02:44 PM
how do i update all those things?